Behavioral Health Clinician
ECBH is seeking a Behavioral Health Counselor. This person will be responsible for conducting individual, couple, group and/or family behavioral health interventions and services to ECBH consumers. The Behavioral Health Counselor is responsible for conducting comprehensive assessments and treatment plans for assigned ECBH consumers. Additionally, the Behavioral Health Counselor interacts as a member of the treatment team with other ECBH staff or outside provider agencies. Finally, the Behavioral Health Therapist II provide emergency services to the ECBH service area as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide professional services to ECBH consumers and/or family members when and where those services need to be provided; including, evenings and weekends if and as required.
2) Interact with assigned consumers and/or family members to assess individual and/or family strengths and/or needs – usually in the consumers’ homes and/or community settings.
3) As necessary, meet identified needs on behalf of any assigned consumer and/or family:
a. Interact with assigned consumers and/or family members to provide and/or assure the provision of strengths-based, individual, family and outcome focused comprehensive services.
b. Develop or assist in development of a strengths-based, individual, family and outcome focused comprehensive treatment plan to address the needs of assigned consumers and/or families
c. Provide individual, couple, group and/or family intervention
d. Coordinate all service provision
e. Monitor service provision to determine whether services are meeting identified needs
f. Lead in assuring appropriate service changes when necessary
g. Assist in accessing other community resources
h. Act as an advocate within the community services system
i. Lead and/or participate in the creation of a treatment team for any identified consumer, often together with his/her family
j. Lead and/or participate in clinical team meetings
k. Interact with recognized community resources and other community members to assure the development and maintenance of strengths-based, family- and outcome-focused plans and action
4) As needed and/or assigned, provide emergency, educational, treatment and/or supportive services to ECBH consumers and/or family members; and/or to anyone within the ECBH service area.
5) When appropriately credentialed and experienced – achieve certification as a South Dakota Qualified Mental Health Professional and provide services as part of the ECBH QMHP rotation.
6) Evaluate performance and effectiveness of all services provided to assigned consumers and family members.
7) Participate in planning and analysis regarding future design for one or more aspects of ECBH behavioral health services.
8) Work collaboratively with social service agencies, schools, hospitals, courts and other community resources.
9) Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and community agencies’ staff members.
10) Interpret ECBH programs, policies and procedures to individuals, groups and other agencies.
11) Adhere to ECBH policies, participate in all ECBH required supervision and training.
12) Complete all required ECBH documentation, correspondence, reports and other materials; and, maintain records as required.
13) Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1) Ability to successfully pass a background clearance through the South Dakota Department of Social Services and Division of Criminal Investigation.
2) Knowledge of clinical services, brief therapy, psychiatric medications, social work, behavioral health, family services and/or substance abuse intervention principles, practices and methodologies with children, adults and/or families.
3) Ability to conduct individual and family interviews and identify individual and family strengths, capabilities and needs.
4) Ability to plan, organize, analyze and coordinate a behavioral health strategy.
5) Knowledge of the principles and operational procedures of implementing direct behavioral health services; including knowledge of individual and group behavior and social economic and health problems and their effect on behavior.
6) Possession of a valid driver’s license, ability to meet ECBH auto insurance coverage requirements and willingness to travel throughout the ECBH service area for performance of duties.
7) Ability to interpret and apply relevant laws, regulations and agency policies.
8) Ability to clearly communicate, orally and in writing.
9) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, families, staff, community organizations, provider agencies and the general public.
10) Adherence to NASW Code of Ethics, or other specific code of professional ethics.
Required Knowledge, Experience or Licensure
11) Master’s degree or higher in one of the major fields of human services.
12) Eligibility for licensure/certification in a recognized field of behavioral health at the highest required level in South Dakota.
a. LPC (or equivalent) required; LPC-MH preferred.
13) Two (2) years of professional experience in provision of public or private social work, clinical services, behavioral health, family services, substance abuse and/or other human services.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Marybeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 605-697-2874