ECBH is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This person is responsible for participation in the provision of high quality administrative and support service to the center-wide behavioral health team. S/he is expected to work under supervision and where necessary on his/her own initiative as part of that team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide high quality support to the behavioral health team – especially through expert reception and scheduling; including telephone and/or face-to-face contact with consumers – all of whom will be dealt with in a responsive and courteous manner.
2) Receiving and distributing messages from telephone/voice mail/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and passing these promptly to the appropriate member of the team using judgment of urgency.
3) Obtain information concerning behavioral health consumers and communicates that information to clinical personnel to assure that necessary information is available.
4) Maintain paper based and computer records systems.
5) Provide efficient data entry into the behavioral health information systems as required, ensuring data accuracy and quality.
6) Provide routine clerical assistance, including typing letters, reports etc., photocopying, faxing, filing and taking minutes.
7) Opening, sorting, screening and delivering mail.
8) Responding to requests promptly and in a responsive and courteous manner.
9) Participating in business and other team meetings regarding service planning and to assist in the implementation and continual review of systems to ensure good practice.
10) Working as a team member of both the administrative team and behavioral health team, providing coverage within these teams as necessary.
11) Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex information.
2) Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring accuracy of reporting and recording.
3) Ability to demonstrate initiative and collaborative capabilities.
4) Ability to work collaboratively to problem solve and implement solutions.
5) Ability to demonstrate excellent skills in time management and priority-setting.
6) Knowledge of community mental health, state, federal and HIPPA regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality of health information.
7) Adherence to ECBH policy and procedures
Required Knowledge, Experience or Licensure
1) Associates degree in business, health administration or similar field required. Bachelors degree preferred.
2) Experience with MS Office products required; previous EMR experience preferred.
3) Reliable transportation is required.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Marybeth.email@example.com, or fax to: 605-697-2874